Club Hill Climb
Saturday 13 October, sign-on 1015
Who will win the coveted Walter Cobb Trophy for 2018? This year the course is up White Lane – here’s the Strava segment. 700 yards, average gradient 13%, max gradient 20 %. Tough but it’s over quickly!
Sign on at the top (opposite Beddlestead Lane on the Saturday club route) from 1015, first rider off at 1045.
FREE to club members, £2 to guests from CTT-affiliated clubs.We’ll have men’s, women’s, vet’s (40+), super-vet’s (50+) and junior (<18) categories. Juniors must bring a signed parental consent form.
If you’re not riding it, please stop off on the club run to shout / cheer / bang a cowbell.
Sunday 14 October, 1100 start
Less strenuous but no less competitive than the hill climb, the downhill championships is a test of momentum and aerodynamic position. The competition will be held on Tilburstow Hill (max gradient 7%) towards Godstone – here’s the course on Google Maps.
There will be a gently paced ride out leaving from Crystal Palace. It’s about 30km in a direct-ish route aiming to arrive at 1045 where we will meet at the junction with Rabies Heath Road.
It’s open and free to all club members and second claims, with just a few rules:
• All upright bikes aside from TT bikes and fixies are permitted.
• No disc/tri-spoked wheels, tri-bars, clip-on bars or similar and no TT helmets will be permitted.
• Skinsuits and ‘Road Aero’ helmets are permitted
• All bikes (including wheels) must be ridden to the start.
• One run allowed, furthest distance travelled from the start line wins.
• No pedaling is allowed – cranks will be ‘locked’ as a prevention. No hopping or jolting the bike at the finish.
• Feet must remain on pedals at all times – No ‘Superwoman/Superman’ positions by order of the UCI